Friday, November 2, 2012

Chocolate Peanutbutter Acorns

First of all, in full disclosure, I saw these little treats on Pinterest and thought they were just too cute.  Our church is having a bake sale tomorrow, and I thought a couple dozen of these yummy acorns would be easy to whip up -- and I bet they are going to be a winner!

The Pinterest photo of these acorns didn't lead to a website or any instructions -- so I came up with my own means to make them.

Ingredients:
A bag of Nutter Butter Bites
Unwrapped Hershey kisses
Chocolate Chips

Here is what the Nutter Butters look like:


Melt a handful of chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds or so until they are melted and smooth.  A 1/4 cup of melted chips will make a LOT of these acorns!  The melted chocolate becomes your "glue" to attach the kisses and the chips.  First dip the bottom of a kiss into the melted chocolate.  I found it easiest to do if I dipped it into the chocolate on the back of the fork.

Then "glue" the kiss onto one of the cookies.  Many of the cookies are "embossed" on both sides, but some of them have a flat side, I tried to glue the kiss on the flat side if they had one because it would be covered up and the flat side isn't as pretty!



After attaching the kisses, I put them in the fridge to firm up.  Then I took them out and did the same thing, on the other side, with a chocolate chip.  This one looks kinda messy, most of mine didn't have the little melted chocolate trail!  :)


And here is your finished yummy acorn!  Isn't it cute?  I packaged them up a dozen to a bag and put them in the snack sized zip-lock bags.  They fit perfectly!.



No comments:

Post a Comment